Spiraea japonica 'Anthony Waterer'
Anthony Waterer Spirea
- Main interest:
- very ornamental flowers, easy to grow
- full sun, moist soil
- Flower colour:
- dark pink to crimson, May to August
- green and red, deciduous
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4: -34.4 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 3 ft (0.9 m) width: 4 ft (1.2 m)
- hedge, container, specimen, foundation
This Red Spirea variety is a low growing, spreading shrub, with very attractive clusters of crimson, flat-topped flowers. Bloom May to August. This deciduous shrub grows to 3 ft tall and 4 ft wide, and works well as a hedge or specimen. Native to China and Japan.