Pennisetum alopecuroides 'Red Head'
Red Head Fountain Grass
- Main interest:
- purple plumes
- full sun, low to average water needs
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- purple, mid to late summer
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5: -28.9 ° C (-20 ° F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 3- 4 ft (0.9-1.2 m) width: 2-3 ft (0.6-0.9 m)
- specimen, border, container, mass planting
Red Head Fountain Grass has beautiful huge plumes that appear mid to late summer. They are purple, and turn smoky in colour, and are sometimes as large as 3 inches wide and 8-10 inches long! In the fall the green foliage turns a hint of gold. In combination, the foliage and plumes make this variety a spectacularly showy grass, for several months of the year.
Please use availability information as a guide only. The weather is a fickle thing, and impacts when our plants are actually available for shipping. Please be aware that we are not answering emails regarding plants availability. The best advice we can give you is to check back once in a while, choose a size option and check the current stock.
$11.99 - $29.99
Synonym(s): Cenchrus purpurascens 'Red Head'