Sedum 'Night Embers'
Night Embers Stonecrop, Night Embers Sedum, Black-purple Stonecrop, Purple Autumn Stonecrop
- Main interest:
- dark foliage against bright pink flowers, cut flowers, drought tolerant, autumn bloomer
- full sun
- Soil humidity:
- dry to moist soil; well drained
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- Mildly fragrant
- Flowering period:
- August to October
- glossy dark purple
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3a: -40 °C (-40 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 2 ft (0.6 m) width: 2 ft (0.6 m)
- border, alpine and rock gardens, planters, containers, xeriscaping
Prized for it’s dramatic dark purple, almost black foliage, Sedum 'Night Embers' has an impressive tall, upright habit with semi-gloss succulent leaves. Loaded with clusters of pink flowers in late summer and fall. Easy to care for and durable, this purple sedum is drought tolerant, and will tolerate part shade. It’s wonderful mixed with other Sedums and Sempervivums in rock and alpine gardens and planters. Flowers attract bees and butterflies. Makes a great cut flower.
Synonym(s): Sedum x 'Night Embers'