Polemonium boreale 'Heavenly Habit'
Heavenly Habit Jacob's Ladder, Heavenly Habit Boreal Jacob's Ladder
- Main interest:
- fragrant blue flower, long bloomer, showy fern-like foliage, very hardy, native, attracts pollinators
- full sun to partial shade
- Soil humidity:
- moist soil
- Growth type:
- slow running
- Flower colour:
- Flowering period:
- June to August
- fresh green
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3a: -40 °C (-40 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 1.5 ft (0.45 m) width: 2 ft (0.6 m)
- border, container, foundation, flower bed, mass planting, woodland, pollinator garden
Polemonium borealis 'Heavenly Habit', also known as Heavenly Habit Boreal Jacob's Ladder is a low growing (to 1.5 ft), clump forming perennial with fresh green, dense foliage, and showy, ferny leaves. The 1 inch, fragrant, star-shaped violet-blue flowers bloom from early to late summer. Each small flower is adorned with a white eye.
Easy to grow, and very hardy, Heavenly Habit Jacob's Ladder prefers even moisture and full sun to partial shade. Attracts butterflies, hummingbirds and other pollinators to the garden. Deer resistant.
Wonderful in butterfly and pollinator gardens, rock gardens, cutting gardens, borders, meadows, woodlands, and in patio containers. Plant en masse, or in small groups. Heavenly Habit Northern Jacob's Ladder should be deadheaded frequently, and cut back mid-summer to get the most out of this long bloomer.
$14.99 - $32.99
Also known as: Heavenly Habit Northern Jacob's Ladder, Heavenly Habit Arctic Jacob's Ladder