Vaccinium 'Pink Lemonade'
Pink Lemonade Blueberry, Pink Blueberry
- Main interest:
- pink blueberries, compact, colourful orange foliage in the fall
- full sun to partial shade
- Soil humidity:
- moist soil; well drained
- Flower colour:
- Flowering period:
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4a: -34.5 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 5 ft (1.5 m) width: 5 ft (1.5 m)
- fruit production, containers and planters, rock gardens, woodland gardens, border, low hedge
The Pink Lemonade Blueberry will not only give you pink blueberries, yes pink, but year round colourful interest. In the spring dainty clusters of white flowers with pink overtones give way to pale green fruit that ripens to a deep pink in late summer/early fall. The vivid pink berries contrast the shiny green foliage before the leaves turn a golden yellow and then orange in the fall. This high-yielding shrub is best used in shrub borders and the fruit is delicious fresh or in pies and preserves. A great fruit shrub to pair with Azaleas.