Vaccinium 'Pink Lemonade'
Pink Lemonade Blueberry, Pink Blueberry
- Main interest:
- pink berries until they ripen to blue, compact, colourful orange foliage in the fall
- full sun to partial shade
- Soil humidity:
- moist soil; well drained
- Flower colour:
- Flowering period:
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4a: -34.5 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 5 ft (1.5 m) width: 5 ft (1.5 m)
- fruit production, containers and planters, rock gardens, woodland gardens, border, low hedge
The Pink Lemonade Blueberry blueberries are a wonderful pink, until they ripen. In the spring dainty clusters of white flowers with pink overtones give way to pale green fruit that changes to a deep pink in late summer/early fall, and finally ripen blue. The vivid pink berries contrast the shiny green foliage before the leaves turn a golden yellow and then orange in the fall. This high-yielding shrub is best used in shrub borders and the fruit is delicious fresh or in pies and preserves. A great fruit shrub to pair with Azaleas.