Miscanthus sinensis 'Fire Dragon'
Fire Dragon Maiden Grass, Fall Coloured Maiden Grass
- Main interest:
- bright orange-red fall foliage and plumes that remain attractive through winter
- full sun to partial shade
- Soil humidity:
- moist soil
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- silvery white
- Flowering period:
- August to November
- green turning to a stunning orangish-red in the fall
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5a: -29 °C (-20 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 7 ft (2.1 m) width: 4 ft (1.2 m)
- hedge, accent, containers, specimen
Miscanthus sinensis 'Fire Dragon' (Maiden Grass) is a unique, upright and colourful Miscanthus cultivar. Its stiff leaves are almost vertical, and are a fiery- orange to red in the fall. Silvery-white feathered flower plumes rise above the foliage in late summer through winter. This is an excellent grass for containers, borders, and modern landscapes. Both the flower and the foliage are used in fresh and dried flower arrangements.
Please use availability information as a guide only. The weather is a fickle thing, and impacts when our plants are actually available for shipping. Please be aware that we are not answering emails regarding plants availability. The best advice we can give you is to check back once in a while, choose a size option and check the current stock.
$13.99 - $35.99
Also known as: Chinese Silver Grass, Japanese Silver Grass, Eulalia Grass