Rosa 'Lambert closse'
Lambert Closse Rose, Double Pink Hybrid Tea like Rose
- Main interest:
- double pink hybrid tea rose like flowers, upright, medium sized shrub, excellent cut flowers
- full sun
- Soil humidity:
- moist soil; well drained
- Flower colour:
- Mildly fragrant
- Flowering period:
- June to September
- glossy dark green
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4a: -34.5 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 4 ft (1.2 m) width: 4 ft (1.2 m)
- border, container, foundation, mass planting, small gardens, edible garden, cut flowers
A small upright shrub, Rosa 'Lambert closse' produces double blooms that resemble classic hybrid teas. They are an elegant deep pink in the inner petals, with a white cuff. The double pink roses are mildly fragrant and present in clusters of 3. First flowers in June, with good repeat blooms. The foliage is a very glossy green. Lambert Closse is hardy to -32 °C. Attracts butterflies.
Rosa 'Lambert closse' was introduced in 1995. It is part of the Explorer series, a set of rose varieties specially developed to survive the Canadian winters by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada at research stations in Ontario and Quebec. They can be hardy down to -35 °C with only snow as protection; and don’t mind hot summers. Explorer series roses require minimal care and pruning. They are disease resistant, flower repeatedly throughout the summer, and come in a variety of colours and sizes.
$13.99 - $35.99