Delosperma 'Jewel of Desert Garnet'
Jewel of Desert Garnet Ice Plant, Hardy Pink Ice Plant
- Main interest:
- profusion of spectacular scarlet red and pink flowers, drought tolerant, long blooming period, evergreen ground-cover
- full sun
- Soil humidity:
- dry soil
- Growth type:
- slow running
- Flower colour:
- scarlet red with neon pink and white
- Flowering period:
- June to September
- bluish green
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5b: -26 °C (-15 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 2 in (5 cm) width: 12 in (30 cm)
- ground cover, border, mass planting, rock garden, xeriscaping, container, beneficial for pollinators
Delosperma 'Jewel of Desert Garnet' (Ice plant) is a magnificent, evergreen succulent, best used as a groundcover. The short, spreading, foliage is a bluish green colour and forms dense mats.
The daisy-like flowers are scarlet red with neon pink and white centers and appear abundantly over top of the foliage from late spring all the way to fall. The long-lasting blooms are beneficial to pollinator species, like bees and butterflies.
Once established, Jewel of Desert Garnet exhibits a spectacular, eye-catching groundcover. Best grown in sandy, rocky soil with good drainage. This Hardy Pink Ice Plant will suffer if grown in poorly drained, clay soil. Ice Plant is tolerant to drought and hot, dry conditions. Also suitable for borders, rock gardens, containers/planters, and xeriscaping.
$11.99 - $29.99
Synonym(s): Delosperma cooperi ‘Jewel of Desert Garnet’
Also known as: Jewel of Desert Garnet Delosperma, Pink Delosperma