Pennisetum alopecuroides 'Little Bunny'
Little Bunny Dwarf Fountain Grass
- Main interest:
- dwarf, showy plumes
- full sun to partial shade, medium to wet water needs
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- whittish-green, August to October
- dark green to russet gold in the fall
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5: -28.9 ° C (-20 ° F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 1-1.5 ft (0.3-0.45 m) width: 1-1.5 ft (0.3-0.45 m)
- specimen, ground cover, container, erosion control, companion for flowering perennials, edging plant
Little Bunny Dwarf Fountain Grass, otherwise known as Pennisetum alopecuroides 'Little Bunny' is one of the smallest fountain grasses, growing no taller than one and a half feet. Narrow deep green leaves turn to a golden yellow in the fall. Whitish green, tufted seedheads appear above the plant, summer through fall.
Synonym(s): Cenchrus purpurascens 'Little Bunny'