Heliopsis helianthoides var. scabra 'Burning Hearts'
Burning Hearts False Sunflower, Burning Hearts OxEye
- Main interest:
- vibrant yellow and red flowers, purplish foliage, late bloomer, bee and butterfly friendly
- full sun
- Soil humidity:
- moist soil; well drained
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- golden yellow and bronze red
- Flowering period:
- July to September
- greenish purple
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4a: -34.5 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 4 ft (1.2 m) width: 2 ft (0.6 m)
- foundation, specimen, mass planting, cut flower garden, container
Burning Hearts False Sunflower is a tall, vibrant, show-stopping perennial. Rich, textured, dark purple foliage grows in upright clumps and produces purple flowering stems.
The striking blooms display golden yellow rays with reddish bronze to fiery orange centers from July to September. Spent flowers should be removed to promote additional blooms. Great for cut flowers. The blooms are beneficial for pollinator species like bees and butterflies.
Heliopsis helianthoides var. scabra 'Burning Hearts' is low maintenance, fairly drought tolerant and easy to grow.
$13.99 - $36.99
Synonym(s): Heliopsis 'Burning Hearts', Heliopsis helianthoides 'Burning Hearts', Heliopsis scabra 'Burning Hearts'
Also known as: Burning Hearts Smooth Oxeye, Early Sunflower, Oxeye Sunflower, Ox-eye Sunflower, Rough Oxeye, Rough Heliopsis