Monarda didyma 'Bee Happy'
Bee Happy Bee Balm, Fuchsia Bee Balm
- Main interest:
- carmine flowers, fragrant foliage, compact habit, mildew resistant, and attracts bees, hummingbirds and butterflies
- full sun to partial shade
- Soil humidity:
- moist soil
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- Mildly fragrant
- Flowering period:
- July to August
- dark green
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5a: -29 °C (-20 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 1.5 ft (0.45 m) width: 1 ft (0.3 m)
- borders, garden beds, ground-cover, containers, edible flowers
Bee Balm is a traditional favourite in the garden and you’ll love the new Bee Happy Bee Balm as this compact perennial is mildew resistant and covered in flowers. Deep fuchsia, shaggy flowers bloom throughout the summer on fragrant dark green foliage. The nectar and fragrance are irresistible to bees and other pollinators. Ideal in beds, containers, and borders this perfectly sized plant will have you admiring all summer long. As an added bonus the flowers and foliage are edible.
Synonym(s): Monarda didyma 'Mon0001bha'
Also known as: Scarlet Beebalm, Crimson Beebalm, Oswego Tea, Red Bergamot, Fragrant Balm, Robin-run-around