Buxus 'Green Velvet'
Green Velvet Boxwood
- Main interest:
- evergreen, green colour in winter, slow growing
- full sun to partial shade
- Soil humidity:
- dry to wet soil
- Flower colour:
- pale green
- Flowering period:
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5a: -29 °C (-20 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 3 ft (0.9 m) width: 3 ft (0.9 m)
- hedge, border, specimen, topiary
The Green Velvet Boxwood is a hardy, easy to grow shrub that provides year-round colour. The foliage of this broadleaf evergreen is a beautiful medium to light green in the spring and slowly transitions to dark green in the winter. A dense, low hedge it provides beauty and structure to the garden, whether it’s contrasting companion plants in the spring, or juxtaposing the snow in the winter.
$5.99 - $29.99
Synonym(s): Buxus sempervirens x Buxus sinica var. insularis 'Green Velvet'