Parthenocissus quinquefolia 'Engelmannii'
Engelmann's Ivy, Engelmann's Virginia Creeper
- Main interest:
- slow growing, drought tolerant
- full sun or full shade, dry to moist soils
- Growth type:
- climbing, trailing
- Flower colour:
- green, June to July
- green, glossy, toothed, bronzed red in the fall
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3: -40 ° C (-40 ° F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 7-20 ft (2-6 m) width: 3-7 ft (1-2 m)
- vine, ground cover, screening, naturalizing, woodlands
A variety of the classic Virginia Creeper with smaller leaves, and a less vigorous growing habit. In the fall Engelmann's Ivy leaves turn a beautiful flaming, bronzed red.