Wisteria macrostachya 'Aunt Dee'
Aunt Dee Wisteria
- Main interest:
- fragrant, showy lilac purple pea-like flowers, and spring bronze foliage
- full sun, well drained, acidic soil
- Growth type:
- twining vine
- Flower colour:
- lilac purple pea-like flowers, late spring - summer
- bronze to green
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4a: -34.4 ° C (-30 ° F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 30 ft (9 m) width: 2 ft (.6 m)
- ornamental vine, screening, trellis, wall, arbour
A fast growing North American selection, Aunt Dee Wisteria vine produces a stunning mass of cascading lilac purple flowers from spring through summer. Give it a beautiful support structure for its vigorous growth habit - cascade it down rock walls, over arbours; and allow it to climb trellises. Has lovely bronze foliage in spring, which turns to green. A versatile garden show-stopper, it lends itself beautifully to modern, cottage, Asian, Mediterranean and rustic gardens. Attracts hummingbirds and butterflies, and resists deer.