Lonicera sempervirens 'John Clayton'
John Clayton Trumpet Honeysuckle, Yellow Trumpet Honeysuckle, Yellow Honeysuckle Vine
- Main interest:
- long bloom season of trumpet shaped yellow flowers
- full sun
- Soil humidity:
- moist soil
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- pale yellow
- Flowering period:
- June to August
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4b: -31.5 °C (-25 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 12 ft (3.6 m) width: 5 ft (1.5 m)
- fences, pergolas, trellises, groundcover
John Clayton Honeysuckle is ideal vine cover for fences, trellises, and arbors with it large, trumpet-shaped flowers. Yellow blooms cover the green foliage throughout the summer and attract bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds. Inedible, red berries show up in late summer and early fall which attract birds. Use this yellow honeysuckle vine as a twining climber or a running groundcover.
$11.99 - $29.99
Synonym(s): Lonicera sempervirens f. sulphurea 'John Clayton'
Also known as: Coral Honeysuckle, Trumpet Honeysuckle Vine