Saturn Coral Bells, Saturn Heuchera, Silver Coral Bells
- Main interest:
- unique silver foliage, shade plant, low maintenance, fall colour
- full sun to full shade
- Soil humidity:
- dry to moist soil; well drained
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- pale pink
- Flowering period:
- June to July
- silver and grayish-purple veining
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4a: -34.5 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 1 ft (0.3 m) width: 1.5 ft (0.45 m)
- border, edging, ground cover, container
The Saturn Coral Bells variety from the ‘Planet’ series offers delicate and unique silver and grayish purple leaves. The leaves will emerge pink-grey, then turn green-silver and finally change for silver-purple. Heuchera 'Saturn' forms a compact mounds of showy, round foliage.
Looks outstanding when planted in mass as a ground cover or a border. Small, white blooms appear on tall, slender flowering stems. Attract bees and butterflies.
This Silver Coral Bells can tolerate sun, but the colours will look most vibrant with partial shade to full shade. Do not cut back before winter, remove dead or damaged leaves in the spring to clean up appearance.
$12.99 - $32.99
Also known as: Silver Heuchera, Silver-leaved Heuchera, Silver-leaved Coral Bells, Silver Alum Root, Fancy-leaf Coral Bells