Rosa 'JP Connell'
JP Connell Rose
- Main interest:
- fragrant lemony cream double flowers
- full sun, moist, slightly acidic, well-drained soil
- Growth type:
- upright, fast growth
- Flower colour:
- delicate, double, lemon yellow in June
- dark green
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3a: to -39.9 °C (-40 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 4 feet (120 cm) width: 3 ft (.9 m)
- cutting, specimen, plants, mass planting
This popular rugosa hybrid rose shrub rose features delicate, intensely fragrant double lemon yellow flowers with creamy white overtones. The flowers emerge at the end of branches, making it an excellent cutting rose. Blooms are abundant in June, and orange hips appear in the fall. J.P. Connell Explorer Rose will grow to be about 4 feet tall at maturity, with a spread of 3 feet. It tends to fill out right to the ground and therefore doesn't need facer plants in front. It grows at a fast rate, and under ideal conditions can be expected to live for 20 years. Makes a beautiful garden colour accent. Very hardy and resistant to powdery mildew. Lovely in all types of gardens.