Carl Stonecrop, Carl Sedum, Pink Stonecrop, Carl Autumn Stonecrop
- Main interest:
- late season colour, cut flowers, drought tolerant, autumn bloomer
- full sun
- Soil humidity:
- dry to moist soil; well drained
- Growth type:
- Flower colour:
- Mildly fragrant
- Flowering period:
- August to October
- gray green
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3a: -40 °C (-40 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 1.5 ft (0.45 m) width: 1.5 ft (0.45 m)
- border, alpine and rock gardens, perrenial borders, planters, containers, xeriscaping
Sedum 'Carl' is a tall, upright pink stonecrop with a substantial clumping habit, and can be substituted for shrubs in the landscape. Its sturdy reddish stems support large clusters of magenta flower heads that provide brilliant colour in the garden, in late summer and fall. Left on the plant, flower heads also provide winter interest and food for birds. Leaves are rounded, slightly serrated, and grey green. Attracts butterflies and birds. A hardy pink sedum, it is drought tolerant, and deer and rabbit resistant.
Please use availability information as a guide only. The weather is a fickle thing, and impacts when our plants are actually available for shipping. Please be aware that we are not answering emails regarding plants availability. The best advice we can give you is to check back once in a while, choose a size option and check the current stock.
$12.99 - $32.99
Synonym(s): Sedum x 'Carl'