Parthenocissus tricuspidata 'Green Spring'
Green Spring Boston Ivy, Japanese Creeper
- Main interest:
- lime green leaves, hardy and vigorous
- full sun to partial shade. Tolerant of many soil types, average water, well drained
- green with reddish veins
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4: -34.4 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 30-50 ft (9-15 m) width: 5-10 ft (1.5-3 m)
- climbing vine, wall and fence cover
Compared to Parthenocissus tricuspidata 'Veitchii' which grows initially red this Green Spring Boston Ivy starts off beautifully lime green and ends in the fall with Autumn reds. A very hardy plant and easy to grow in a variety of soil and environment types, Green Spring is great for vigorous climbing and ground cover.