Iris pseudata 'Yarai'
Yarai Pseudata Iris, Night Thunder Pseudata Iris
- Main interest:
- showy orange multicoloured flowers
- full sun to partial shade
- Soil humidity:
- moist to wet soil
- Growth type:
- slow running
- Flower colour:
- soft peach with purple veins
- Flowering period:
- May to June
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4a: -34.5 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 2.5 ft (0.75 m) width: 4 ft (1.2 m)
- borders, garden accent, specimen, cut flowers
The Iris pseudata 'Yarai' is an incredible hybrid between Iris pseudocorus and Iris ensata that results in beautiful new colours. Stunning soft peach flowers have deep purple veining and stand tall above its thin green leaves. As one of the first pseudatas to bloom you’ll enjoy this tall, multi-coloured flower in early summer. The Yarai Pseudata Iris grows equally well in shallow standing water as it does in typical garden soil making it a versatile garden addition.
Synonym(s): Iris pseudocorus x ensata 'Yarai', Iris pseudata 'Night Thunder'