Azalea ‘Orchid Lights’
Orchid Lights Azalea, Rhododendron Orchid Lights
- Main interest:
- incredibly hardy Azalea bush, densely blooming: large fragrant purple-pink flowers.
- Soil & Exposure:
- partial shade to full sun with moist but well drained acidic soil
- sherbert white, purple, pink, June to July
- dark green leaves
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4: -34.4 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 3 ft (1 m) width: 3 ft (1 m)
- accent, mass planting, container or pot planting.
From its pretty dark green leaves to its absolutely gorgeous sherbet purple, pink, and cream trumpet like flowers that bloom densely in the spring, Orchid Lights Rhododendron is a delightful and beautiful shrub. It is one of the hardiest of all Azaleas. Anyone looking for a very hardy (Zone 4) and long living plant (up to 40 years old), Orchid Lights is a great shrub for your garden.