Actinidia kolomikta 'September Sun' (female)
Variegated-leaf Hardy Kiwi Female, Female Arctic Kiwi, Female Kolomikta Vine
- Main interest:
- bicolor leaves, fruit production
- full sun to part shade. Average moisture, well-drained soil
- Flower colour:
- white, June to July
- green with white and pink tips
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4a: -34.5 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 20 ft (6 m) width: 10 ft (3 m)
- pergolas, fence, wall climbing
Less colourful than the male, this Hardy Kiwi Female selection nevertheless show attractive and colourful foliage, with astonishing fragrant white flowers in early summer.
'September Sun' is a large fruiting selection of the Russian species Actinidia kolomikta.
Fruits mature earlier and grow smaller than Actinidia arguta. However, Actindia kolomikata are hardier than A. arguta.
'September Sun' is self-unfruitful, it won't bear fruit without a male variety. One male plant of the kolomikta species can pollinate up to 8 female plants of the same species. Male Actinidia kolomikta can not pollinate female varieties of Actinidia arguta.
$16.99 - $39.99
Synonym(s): Actinidia kolomikta 'Sentyabraskaya'