Parthenocissus tricuspidata 'Robusta'
Giant Boston Ivy, Robusta Boston Ivy, Hardy Boston Ivy, Big Leaves Boston Ivy
- Main interest:
- huge waxy leaves
- full sun to partial shade, moist but well drained soil
- green, red in the fall
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3: -40 °C (-40 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 20-40 ft (6-12 m) width: 5-10 ft (1.5-3 m)
- climbing vine, wall and fence cover, living walls
Parthenocissus tricuspidata 'Robusta' has the biggest leaves of all Boston Ivy plants, which turn scarlet red and scarlet purple in the fall. Hidden fall berries attract birds. It is a climber that needs no support. Be careful about where you let it climb as it can ruin certain surfaces like wood, shingle walls, and paint. P. Robusta is known to be hardier than P. veitchii.
$10.99 - $27.99
Synonym(s): Parthenocissus tricuspidata 'Veitchii Robusta'